This vacancy is for immediate employment. This is a full-time employee position in Antwerp. No contractors, nor remote work.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to assist our customers maximizing the potential of Froomle’s Open AI Platform.
Your role and responsibilities
Closely work together with our solution architects, data scientists and machine learning engineers to implement the best possible solution for our customers’ massive and diverse datasets.
- Create and maintain scalable data pipelines and build out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems.
- Build high-performance algorithms, predictive models, and prototypes.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Work on a variety of challenges such as content and product recommendation, personalization, optimization, classification, ensemble learning, and active learning.
- Test several prototypes that use techniques like collaborative filtering, convnets, svm’s, random forests, etc.
You are a true believer of personalised online user experiences, ambitious and eager to learn relevant new technologies.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Applied Math with a keen interest in Machine Learning and AI.
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineer position in a related field.
- Experience with event streaming architecture, microservices, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Cassandra and ElasticSearch.
- Ability to write code in multiple languages including Python, C++, Java or Go in a Linux world.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Be confident and proficient in working with Google Cloud Platform.
- You are a self-starter and need minimal supervision and guidance to get the job done.
Froomle is a fast-growing high-tech artificial intelligence startup. Our mission is to make user experiences smarter and more meaningful and offer a truly personalised browsing and online shopping experience. Froomle’s machine learning software enables online retailers and media companies the possibility to show the right product, content, message or offer to the right person at the right time, through the right channel.
As a Data Engineer at Froomle you will be part of a fast growing company where you will have a great career opportunity to:
- Shine and grow, and bring state-of-the-art machine learning and artificial intelligence into practice.
- Make the online user experience of millions of people more relevant.
- Work together with a forward-thinking and creative team and drive the future of the company.
We care about the well-being of all Froomlers
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- We offer you a competitive salary package, plus fringe benefits such as a company car or public transport allowance, and bike sharing services.
- A digital survival kit with laptop and smartphone is obviously part of the deal.
- Extra vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Our vibrant Antwerp office at Fosbury & Sons offers many perks like private working spaces, cozy lounge areas, a pool table, and a sociable coffee bar. Showers are available and even a snug bed (for a short power nap ;-))