Software Engineer – Froomle is a fast growing high-tech artificial intelligence startup. Our mission is to make user experiences smarter and more meaningful and offer a truly personalised browsing and online shopping experience. Froomle’s machine learning software enables online retailers and media companies the possibility to show the right product, content, message or offer to the right person at the right time, through the right channel.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to assist our customers with maximising the potential of the Froomle AI.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You will contribute to Froomle’s fast evolving artificial intelligence software platform and the development of the Froomle API.
- Improve the extensibility and modularity of the Froomle codebase.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in software engineering and evangelise best practices within the engineering team.
- Closely work together with our machine learning engineers and data scientists on how algorithmic performance can be affected through software implementation.
You are a true believer of personalised online user experiences, ambitious and eager to integrate state-of-the-art artificial intelligence in every customer touchpoint.
- MSc in Computer Science, or equivalent by experience, with a special interest in shaping large and complex software platforms.
- You have knowledge of, or at least a keen interest in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science technology.
- You are comfortable in a Linux world where you don’t really care whether the Clouds look like Amazon, Google or Microsoft.
- You have experience with databases, such as PostgreSQL, Redis, and Memcached.
- You cover web technologies such as Nginx and HAproxy.
- You can write code in multiple languages including Python, C++ and PHP.
- You have a love for rapid prototyping, but at the same time you take great care about reliable algorithms in production.
You will be part of a fast growing company where you will have the opportunity to:
- Shine and grow, and bring state-of-the-art machine learning and artificial intelligence into practice.
- Work with massive real life data.
- Make the online user experience of millions of people more relevant.
- Work together with a forward-thinking and creative team and drive the future of the company.
We care about the well-being of all Froomlers:
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- We offer you a competitive salary package, plus fringe benefits such as a company car or public transport allowance, and bike sharing services.
- A digital survival kit with laptop and smartphone is obviously part of the deal.
- Extra vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Our vibrant Antwerp office at Fosbury & Sons offers many perks like private working spaces, cozy lounge areas, a pool table, and a sociable coffee bar. Showers are available and even a snug bed (for a short power nap ;-))
Send us an email to email@example.com with all useful info about yourself and we will be in touch soon.